utorak, 1. lipnja 2010.

About Bipolar Disorder: Is There a "Cure" for Bipolar Disorder?

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Bipolar Disorder

Symptoms / Diagnosis

Treatment

Coping and Support



From Marcia Purse, your Guide to Bipolar Disorder
Our first spotlight is a plaintive question often asked. Then you can find out what made me furious and share your thoughts on disclosing your bipolar disorder to others. Finally, I'm sharing with everybody that I've been stupid with my medications this week and am paying for it - and it's not even the first time.

Is There a "Cure" for Bipolar Disorder?
This question comes up in my email every so often. Rarely does the person asking it tell me why they want to know, but there always seems to be an unexpressed wish, "Please say yes!" So here's my response.

Toxic Family
Reader contributions to About Bipolar Disorder, except for posts on the forums, go through me - and it's a good thing. I don't get angry often, but here's one that was submitted for publication as a response to my article on toxic people - and made me so mad it's in my blog instead.

When Do You Tell Someone You Have BP?
Read some thoughts and experiences from readers on this sensitive subject and, of course, feel free to contribute your own.

Being Stupid With Medications
I recently stopped taking one of my antidepressants, and there seemed to be no ill effects. But then I forgot to refill a prescription for another one. Did I go to the pharmacy for an emergency supply? I did not. Did I pick up the prescription when it was ready? I did not. BOOM! One small thing set me off and I felt like my entire life was hopeless. This experience, and the one linked above, are cautionary tales I offer to you.

 


Bipolar Disorder Ads
Featured Articles
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder
Sylvia Plath
Expansive Mood
Neurotransmitters in the Brain
About Bipolar Disorder on Facebook
Follow on Twitter

 

More from About.com

Great Stuff Kids Love
From the hottest tunes and best online videos to favorite books and classic toys, here are our top picks for the kids in your life. More >



Join About.com's User Panel!
Share your opinions and help us make About.com more relevant, informative and enjoyable to use. More>




This newsletter is written by:
Marcia Purse
Bipolar Disorder Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Bipolar Disorder newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 


What We're Talking About
Is Ambien Addictive?
I Quit Drinking
Comfort Food

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar