utorak, 3. prosinca 2013.

About Bipolar Disorder: Stigma / Healthcare Premiums

If you can't see this email, click here

About

Bipolar Disorder

Symptoms/Diagnosis

Treatment

Coping/Support



From Marcia Purse, your Guide to Bipolar Disorder
When I wrote the premium comparison example on the blog featured last week, I was thinking in terms of my own situation. I see now that this was a poor choice on my part. I'm so used to paying several hundred dollars for insurance that to me those figures were reasonable. I should have known better, and I apologize. I am not the typical health insurance consumer under the Affordable Care Act. Under the ACA, my premium is going to be high because I chose a high-priced plan. There are four levels: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum. I chose Platinum. People with limited incomes are much more likely to choose Silver or Bronze. See the headline below for information about people who are saving huge amounts of money with the ACA.

Stigma & BP - When Family and Friends Don't Get It
Do the people you know realize how much harm they do when they deny the existence of mental illnesses, or make fun of people who have bipolar?
Search Related Topics:  stigma  impact of bipolar disorder  family problems

Stigma is Alive and Awful for Bipolar Disorder
It's also true that strangers and even public figures also can be cruel or say things that reveal their lack of thought. Our community members contributed some telling examples. At the end, though, I've included a post that shows some people do their best to understand.
Search Related Topics:  stigma  impact of bipolar disorder  family problems

Freaked Out by My Obamacare Blog Example? Don't Be

I apologize for upsetting people by mentioning premium figures much too high for many of you. Those numbers are NOT typical for people who can't afford that much. The less your income, the lower your premium is likely to be thanks to the available credits. Here are some real examples.





Related Searches
Featured Articles
Treatment Options for Bipolar Disorder
Impact on Life
Personal Stories & Literature About Bipolar Disorder
Legal Issues
Suicide
Impact on Health

 

More from About.com

Run Your First 5K
Even couch potatoes can be ready for a 5K with just a couple months of training. Read more...>



Help! I'm Too Busy
Time and stress management tips to help you feel as though you have more time. Read more...>




This newsletter is written by:
Marcia Purse
Bipolar Disorder Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Bipolar Disorder newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2013 About.com
 


Must Reads
What Is Bipolar Disorder?
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder
Diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder
Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
Our Community for Bipolar Disorder
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar