utorak, 26. lipnja 2012.

About Bipolar Disorder: Reader Asks for Help / Kim Novak's Bipolar

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Bipolar Disorder

Symptoms / Diagnosis

Treatment

Coping and Support



From Marcia Purse, your Guide to Bipolar Disorder
I get many messages asking for help that I can't answer, either because they want advice only a doctor can give (like questions on medications), because the I'd have to ask dozens of questions to understand the situation, like a therapist, or for a similar reason. I'm not a doctor, a therapist or a social worker. Now and then, though, I get one where I think the community can help, and the questions from Forbes, below, is one of those.

Kim Novak Reveals Bipolar Disorder
She didn't know she had bipolar disorder at the time when the pressures of stardom were making her depressed and distraught. No one really understood why she left Hollywood. More than 40 years later, Kim Novak is talking about her bipolar disorder.
See More About:  kim novak  bipolar depression 

Reader Question: Any Suggestions Before I Explode?
"I have been diagnosed with bipolar," says Forbes. "I can't work due to my fear of crowds (very paranoid). I have visual hallucinations, and I also can see people in my mind, and they talk about me. I feel so crazy! Can somebody help me before I explode?" Can you help support Forbes?

Rosemary Clooney and Bipolar
Rosemary Clooney is another star whose career was seriously affected by bipolar disorder. It was a national tragedy that triggered Rosemary's public mania.

My Bipolar Journal: Brain Fog
In an open letter to my son Joey, written about 5 years after my bipolar diagnosis, I discussed the pressures surrounding me - and the medication that was making me feel like there was fog in my head.

 


Bipolar Disorder Ads
Featured Articles
Suicide
Impact on Health
Bipolar for Beginners
Celebrities and Mental Illnesses
About Bipolar Disorder on Facebook
Follow on Twitter

 

More from About.com

Bake Sale Bestsellers
Make your next bake sale a profitable one with these irresistible recipes. More>



Real Recipes app
Download our highly-rated app for free recipes and kitchen tools, for iPhone and iPod Touch. More>




This newsletter is written by:
Marcia Purse
Bipolar Disorder Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Bipolar Disorder newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2012 About.com
 


Must Reads
What Is Bipolar Disorder?
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder
Diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder
Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
Our Community for Bipolar Disorder
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar