ponedjeljak, 4. lipnja 2012.

About Exercise: Standing Ab Exercises

If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Exercise

Lose Weight With Exercise

Workouts

Exercises By Muscle Group



From Paige Waehner, your Guide to Exercise
How many crunches have you done in your lifetime? If you said a bazillion, you're obviously as melodramatic as I am. Also, there's a good chance that you would be happy if you never did another crunch for the rest of your life.

I'm about to make you happy with this week's topic, which is all about how you can work your abs while standing up. Since that's how our abs work most of the time (unless you spend most of your day lying down on the floor, which would indicate you are my cat), it actually makes more sense to work them that way. And it only took us 30 years to figure that out.


Standing Ab Exercises
I was with a new client recently and, after the workout, she wondered why we hadn't done any crunches. "Because, I don't like them," I answered. She looked... Read more

Exercise of the Week: Medicine Ball Rotations
Standing core exercises are all the rage these days and my favorite way of harnessing that rage is with the good old medicine ball...or maybe that rage stems from childhood P.E. trauma and the memory of giant, heavy medicine balls being thrown at me...Read more

Vote: What describes your exercise attitude?
Back in high school, I had a chemistry teacher who did everything he could to convince me that my general loathing of chemistry was something that wasn't inherent, but something I could change by a simple change in attitude...Read more

Lesson of the Week: Rest Before You're Tired
I've talked about exercise advice before and the fact that giving it is often a bad idea, even if asked. Like the time a bartender, who found out I was a personal trainer, asked how to get rid of the fat around her belly. Right after that, she took a big bite of a fried chicken wing dripping with grease...Read more

 


Exercise Ads
Featured Articles
12 Weeks to Weight Loss
How to Get in Shape With Exercise
Beginner 20 Minute Cardio Workout
Weight Loss Plateaus
Exercises for Hips and Knees
Avoiding Supplement Hazards

 

More from About.com

Bake Sale Bestsellers
Make your next bake sale a profitable one with these irresistible recipes. More>



Real Recipes app
Download our highly-rated app for free recipes and kitchen tools, for iPhone and iPod Touch. More>




This newsletter is written by:
Paige Waehner
Exercise Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Exercise newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2012 About.com
 


Must Reads
Exercise Basics
Exercise for Beginners
Exercise for Weight Loss
Weight Loss Success Stories
Exercise Gear
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar