ponedjeljak, 11. ožujka 2013.

About Exercise: You Think You Can't, But You Can

If you can't see this email, click here

About

Exercise

Lose Weight With Exercise

Workouts

Exercises By Muscle Group



From Paige Waehner, your Guide to Exercise
Rarely do I feel the need to invoke the whole "Little Engine That Could" theory of life, but I couldn't help thinking about that story when I was writing my lesson of the week. Specifically, I was thinking about a particular client who, when asked to do a set of pushups after having just done a spectacular set of bear crawls, said, "Oh, my dear and perfect trainer, I just don't think I can do it!"

Okay, what actually happened was that she raised one eyebrow (because she was too tired to raise both) and grunted something like, "You're fired."

But, when I asked her if she could do just one pushup, she was so insulted that she actually did 10 of them. And that's how I know that, even if you think you can't exercise/finish your workout/do your pushups/keep yourself from strangling your trainer, you can.


Lesson of the Week: You Think You Can't, But You Can
There are times in every exerciser/weight loser's life when he thinks: I just don't think I can do this. We've all probably felt this on a dark, sleepy... Read more
Search Related Topics:  self doubt  motivation to exercise  exercise success

Challenge of the Week: Office Circuit Workout
If you have a job these days, there's a very good chance you sit in some form or fashion and work on some type of electronic device. There's also... Read more

Reader Question of the Week: What's the deal with target heart rate zones?
When I asked my readers what they wanted to know about exercise, one reader had a great suggestion: Explain the cardio heart rate zones and why it is important... Read more

Vote: What kind of exerciser are you?
If you read the papers or listen to the news, you may think we're a nation of overweight people who simply will not exercise...Read more

 


Related Searches
Featured Articles
4 Ways to Track Your Weight Loss Progress
Losing Inches But Not Losing Weight?
Is the Scale Lying to You?
Active Indoor Party Games for Kids
Weekly Walking Workouts
10 Worst Ways to Ruin Your Sleep

 

More from About.com

10 Easy Ways to Look Thinner
Don't wait until you've lost those first pounds to make these simple, slimming changes. Read more...>



Create a Shared Photo Stream
Sharing your photo stream with friends and family is a great way to keep in touch. Read more...>




This newsletter is written by:
Paige Waehner
Exercise Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Exercise newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2012 About.com
 


Must Reads
Exercise Basics
Exercise for Beginners
Exercise for Weight Loss
Weight Loss Success Stories
Exercise Gear
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar