petak, 8. ožujka 2013.

About Low Carb Diets: Banana Bread

If you can't see this email, click here

About

Low Carb Diets

Getting Started

Health and Nutrition

Recipes



From Laura Dolson, your Guide to Low Carb Diets
A few months ago, a friend who's father is diabetic asked me if I had any recipes for banana bread. Frankly, I had never considered such a thing! Bananas are one of the highest-carb fruits! But I figured I could at least come up with a recipe that was lower in carbs than the usual white flour/white sugar version, and I finally did! Have a great weekend - Laura

Low-Carb Banana Bread
I tried making this with part coconut flour as I've seen in other recipes, but I wasn't happy with any of those versions, as coconut flour attracts water over time. So I fell back on my old standby, almond meal. I'm very happy with the way it came out, at 6 grams of net carb per slice.
Search Related Topics:  low carb breads  almond flour recipes 

Flax Meal Bread
This is one of my most popular recipes. It is easy to make - just mix it up and bake it flat in a sheet pan. Each piece has less than a gram of usable carb, plus 5 grams of fiber. Breakfast idea: a piece of flax toast topped with a little cheese, bacon or ham, and a couple of eggs on top. There's also a link to a video to show you how to make it.

Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
This can be made with blueberries or raspberries. It has a cake layer, a cream cheese layer, and streusel on top. Made with almond meal.

More About Almond Meal
What is almond meal (almond flour), where to get it, and a list of recipes.

 


Related Searches
Featured Articles
Low-Carb Main Dishes
Low-Carb Desserts
Low-Carb Vegetable Recipes
Low-Carb Side Dishes
Low-Carb Beverages
All Laura's Low-Carb Recipes

 

More from About.com

10 Easy Ways to Look Thinner
Don't wait until you've lost those first pounds to make these simple, slimming changes. Read more...>



Create a Shared Photo Stream
Sharing your photo stream with friends and family is a great way to keep in touch. Read more...>




This newsletter is written by:
Laura Dolson
Low Carb Diets Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Low Carb Diets newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2012 About.com
 


In Our Forum Now
Oil vs Coconut Oil
Soooooo discouraged!
Whipping Cream with Stevia?
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar